8 February 2013

George Anderson - Psychic Medium and one unhappy customer

Forum member Forests mentioned on the forum that he had been told by a Spiritualist that Medium George Anderson had never been exposed as a fake.

Personally I have never even heard of this medium, despite claims on his website that he was the worlds most scientifically tested medium.


"In his career, George has done more than 35,000 sessions for the bereaved, and is the most scientifically tested medium of this century. He has earned the respect and acclaim of those who work in scientific, medical and religious fields not only due to his ability, but his dedication to those who suffer the loss of a loved one. Researchers in the field of science, afterlife studies and spirituality have called George "Astonishing," "The Gold Standard by which all mediums are measured," and "A Stradivarius among mediums." He continues to work with people from all over the world, from everyday people to politicians, heads of state, celebrities and royalty, who have been astounded by his simple manner and extraordinary ability to communicate messages from the souls."

The fact I have not heard of him, is probably all you need to know, and as for his claims of being tested by scientists, again I ask where are the peer reviewed papers on this? Who are the credible and qualified scientists? A bit like asking a car mechanic to fix your girlfriends hair straighteners, just because someone is a scientist does not make them instantly qualified to test a psychic!

Anyway upon asking about George Anderson on the forum, member Forests actually found a review of George Anderson on Amazon, as a review of one of his books.

I will publish it here, I do not know who wrote it, so I will let you read it and make your own mind up, is this really a medium you want to go to? I know I personally would avoid him at all costs.
Anyway here is the review, also do click through to Amazon and read some of the replies to this review too. Some eye opening stuff.


By tamrakatThis review is from: We Don't Die (Paperback) 
I first read the earlier edition of "We Don't Die" around 1996. It was my favorite book and I recommended it to everyone. I swore that if anything happened to someone I loved I would find a way to get a reading with George. I was so convinced he was the real thing. Then tragedy struck in the summer of 1998 when both my husband and son died just a few weeks apart. I contacted George's office right away, but because he was so booked up the first available $1,000 phone appointment was in 3 months. I made the appointment and waited with great expectations. I felt so hopeful that when the reading took place I would hear from my beloved son and husband and feel some relief from the horrible pain I was in. I had no other children so I had really lost my whole family in just a few short weeks. 
George called me at our scheduled appointment time. I can't explain what a horrible sinking feeling it was while listening to George and slowly realizing he was only telling me things that anyone could find through public records, like my husband's name, cause of death, how long we'd been married and that it was the first marriage for both of us, where we got married, etc. There were a lot of mentions in between the vital information of how much my husband loved me, wanted me to go on and be happy.... Generally, words of comfort, just what a person in my situation would desperately want and need to hear. It all seemed so fake that I began to feel disgusted, but I held my tongue and kept hoping, but he really didn't tell me anything convincing even though I sat there during the reading surrounded by knick-knacks and photos from various trips we'd taken, match books from our favorite restaurants, etc.
But here was the clincher: George said that my husband and I had NO CHILDREN. I didn't correct him because I didn't want to help in any way if he was fishing for clues, but my heart really hit bottom when he said that. Toward the end of the reading I asked if there wasn't someone, anyone else, that might want to come through, but he just started guessing and asking me questions, like "would this person's name begin with a letter that's in the first half of the alphabet?". You see, the problem for George was that my son was born, and later died, in another country, so both his birth and death certificates would be difficult to find, especially if one assumed there was no reason to look for them. 
It pains me to say this, but talking to George 3 months after my losses actually sent me into a deeper and literally more hopeless depression because by the time the reading was over I had gone from a true believer to a person who knew right down to the bone that this guy was a fake. I believed so strongly in George's abilities before the reading, and expected to feel relieved afterward, but no, I don't believe in George anymore. I felt ripped off and hopeless. I don't know if there are real mediums, I surely hope so, and I truly hope some day I can meet one who can connect me with the ones I've lost.
It took many years before I could write this review because I didn't want to hurt anyone who's grieving by saying these things. George may justify what he's doing by telling himself he's helping people, and he probably is as long as they believe in his ability. But he's still lying, and I don't think it's moral or decent for a liar to profit off of people who are fragile, hurting and devastated. If there are other mediums who are genuine, then they deserve to make a living from their books and readings. I'm still open-minded, just not a fan of this particular medium (or Sylvia Brown, whose predictions have been wrong on way too many occasions) with whom I had a very shallow, meaningless and expensive reading.
Sorry if I've offended anyone, but this is the truth about my reading with George.



Source: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1JLR88FHOWVXQ?cdPage=5

17 comments:

  1. $1,000!!!! I'm in the wrong profession!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George Anderson is the biggest fake of all time.. I Went to him in 2004 after we lost our son to a murder. He knew nothing about it. He disgust me after having taken advantage of us pre paying 500.00 He should be put in jail

      Delete
    2. OMG why on earth would you pay ANYONE so much money!

      Please tell me you do not still pay to see any psychic, and you accept that it is ALL a con, and no such thing as talking to the dead

      Delete
    3. weird... one of my parents went to contact him to ask for my grandfather that died some years ago and he say 22 facts that were in fact a TRUE fact...

      in my case i can´t say that he is a fake medium..

      Delete
    4. You cant say he is a fake because you do not understand the methods behind the trick.
      Would you go see a magician like David Copperfield and then say he was real because you could not figure out the trick?

      ALL Mediums/Psychics are fake, 100%, No exceptions, this is a scientifically and historically proven fact

      Delete
  2. You say you are open minded but from a skeptics perspective you seem to ignore the obvious answer that there are no psychics. Nobody has collected James Randi's offer of a million dollars to any psychic who can prove themselves. Countless "psychics" have been proven to be frauds. At some point I hope you may realize there is no evidence for psychics or any spiritual realm for that matter. It can be hard but liberating to realize we live our lives and that is it. When we realize that we make each day count because there is nothing to live for but life itself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! There are no real psychics, history has proven that, 100% of psychics fail 100% of the time when the chance to cheat is removed.

      But you must remember that for some people it is hard to just accept that everything they believe in is just wrong, some people believe as it helps with their grief, and of course this is what mediums take advantage of.

      Delete
  3. Yes, my mother and I went to see George in 1998 or 1999 in a group setting. We too had read his books and believed we were paying to see the real deal. It was so very obvious he was a fake but at intermission people were crying and going on about how amazing he was. He was very general such as, "does anyone have an uncle bob who has passed on?" Then he would fish and read the persons face. There was one woman who was just eating it up, believing all his crap because she needed to. Well, after George made her cry by guessing she had lost a young child (she was young and obviously so over distraught) he tried to hone in on her husband who practically had steam coming out of his ears he was so infuriated at George. You could clearly see that George got the message that this gentleman was not buying his crap at all and was biting his tongue and George back peddled quickly out of the interaction. I went in fully believing and left absolutely disgusted. He should be arrested. Its so wrong what he is doing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO I have been reading alot lately about paranormal and mediums just out of curiosity. I have noone that I am trying to connect with and just am interested. All the back and forth of real vs fake, I decided to get a reading myself from a reportedly "tested" medium from Bob Ohlson's website haha. I set the time and did a 30minute phone reading. Let me just say this, I guess I better try again because at this point it was a complete failure. He was telling me stuff about a sister entity (dont have a sister) and talking about a maternal entity with mind issues etc etc. On an accuracy rating he might be at 3%, due to the fact that he got my name right (of course he had it when I signed up LOL). Anyway, been there done that... maybe there are some real ones? But supposedly this one was and man am I disappointed!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dont waste your money on any more of these frauds, thats my advice to you

      Delete
  5. I understand your point for sure, but I think sometimes it is best to experience things yourself also. I can read one account of a skeptic that tells me one thing and then another from someone that is a believer that says the complete opposite, so I wanted to see what it was all about. At the end of the day I am already skeptical about most things in this area, so this was a fun experiment for me to see for myself. Anyway, thought I would share.

    ReplyDelete
  6. has anyone heard from chris stillar the medium...ive watched his work on youtube he semms amazing i have been following and studying sooooooo many mediums and trying to find a genuine one and i think and truly hope he is genuine...i have a reading with him soon enough... cant wait but will let you all know... so far he seems really great even skeptics are amazed by him. so will see...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi firstly get yourself over to the forum at http://moh2005.proboards.com and we can discuss mediums there much easier.

      Now regarding Chris Stillar, I had a look at a recent performance of his on Youtube, and I have to say it is pretty clear to someone who knows the tricks that this guy is a fraud.
      He is using known techniques.

      If I was you I would avoid not only him but any medium.

      History tells us that mediumship simply doesn't exist and is no more than simple trickery/mentalism and so on.

      As for "Skeptics" being amazed by him, says who? Show me one credible skeptic who is amazed by him?

      I am one of the leading skeptics in the UK and I am not amazed by him, in fact I think he is a bit of a joke, and I tempted to expose him as a fraud just for the sake of it.

      Delete
  7. Wow..you are one of the leading skeptics ? Self-given title .. lol.. I didnt know skeptics have rankings. I am the top skeptic in the universe and I dont think you are that skeptical !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very tongue in cheek when I say things like that, i do it as something of a piss take on mediums who say things like "international celebrity psychic" because they once met Keith Chegwin in a pub.

      HOWEVER! I do have a record not really matched by anyone else in the UK when it comes to psychics, hell even the President of the JREF has said nice things about me! See
      https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/482500_534198179944527_1480399416_n.png

      You find a skeptic who has done more than me when it comes to exposing fake psychics in the UK, and I will happily tip my hat, but there simply isn't anyone who has done the research I have, who has the experience and knowledge that I have.

      Hell when people in the SNU say "Jon Donnis could very well be the biggest threat to spiritualism since Houdini" then you know that you are a leading skeptic.

      I dont take myself seriously, I say things to wind people up cause it amuses me, but like it or not, I really am the UKs most experienced and most knowledgeable skeptic when it comes to psychics. No one else really comes close.

      Delete
    2. How do they do it jonn? Because if you watch chris stillar giving a reading to a non believer on youtube, he is very accurate. I was just wondering what their techniques were as he seemed to spot on to be just guessing. Thanks

      Delete
    3. Hi, join the forum http://moh2005.proboards.com you can post any video there and I will show you exactly how they do it.

      In general psychics use a few methods, you have Cold Reading which is a bit of a catch all term, but basically means they give the reading to someone who is a true stranger, they speak in a certain way so that it makes the client think the psychic knows things about them that they couldn't possibly know.

      Its a way of phrasing questions that sound like statements, and then using the clients respond to shape the next thing the psychic says, when you are aware of these methods it is very easy to spot.

      Think of a magician, when you dont know how the trick is done it appears like magic, when you do know how it is done, you can see it is just a trick. Mediums are no different.

      The other method psychics/mediums use is called Hot Reading, this is where by prior research is done on the client, whether it be an associate of the medium listening in on conversations prior to the reading and then feeding this info to the psychic, or the use of hidden microphones, if a person has paid by credit card then something as simple as a name can be used to find out all manner of info through social media.

      Think of how a conman would steal someones identity, psychics can use the exact same tricks to find out as much as they want about someone.

      Even if they have your phone number they can cold call your house and pretend to be taking survey, they might just ring and hang up, so they get an idea of how many people live at your house, male or female and so on.

      With regards to ANY video clip online, remember that especially if the psychic themselves put the clip up, they will always put clips up that look most impressive, again think of a magician, he would never put a clip on youtube of him fluffing the trick would he.

      I look forward to you joining the forum, as I am sure I can go into more detail of how they do their tricks. It really is easy to spot when you know how

      Delete